Children and young people need accurate, accessible information about their healthcare too. New draft guidance from NICE recommends ensuring children and young people are fully informed about their health so that they are empowered to take an active role in their healthcare.
These resources are useful for providing high quality health information to children and young people.
- NHS Library and Knowledge Services: library.nhs.uk/coronavirus-resources/children-and-young-people
- Anna Freud Centre: annafreud.org/coronavirus-support
- Reading Well to help children stay safe, calm, connected and hopeful during the pandemic:tra-resources.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/entries/document/4716/Covid_children_s_booklist.pdf
- NHS Apps Library: nhs.uk/apps-library
- Mind: mind.org.uk/information-support/for-children-and-young-people
- Mindmate: https://www.mindmate.org.uk/
- Reading Well for children: reading-well.org.uk/books/books-on-prescription/children
- Reading Well for young people’s mental health (Shelf Help): reading-well.org.uk/books/books-on-prescription/young-people-mental-health
- Royal College of Psychiatrists: rcpsych.ac.uk/mental-health/parents-and-young-people/young-people/exercise-and-mental-health-for-young-people