What does Healthtalk.org do?
This site contains interviews with everyday people about their own experiences of illness. These personal stories of health and illness will enable patients, families and healthcare professionals to benefit from the experiences of others.
If you, or someone you care about, is affected by any of the 90 subjects covered you can find out what happened to 40 other people in the same situation. You will find good advice and reassurance on topics such as:
- Making decisions about health and treatment
- Talking to friends and family
- Practical issues like money and travel
- Emotional wellbeing
- Impact on work or education
What information is available?
The website is divided into the following areas:
- Experiences - watch, listen or read interviews encompassing a wide variety of personal experiences of health problems and illnesses.
- Information - read background information on specific conditions.
- Resources - view links to additional resources for specific conditions including organisations, support groups and academic papers and publications.
You can watch or listen to videos, read about people's experiences and find reliable information about conditions, treatment choices and support.