8 RCNi Learning modules are currently free to access, created to support the nursing community during the Coronavirus pandemic.
How to perform respiratory assessment; Caring for patients with a temporary tracheostomy; How to care for a patient after death in hospital; How to decontaminate your hands effectively; Improving compliance with hand hygiene practices; Preventing healthcare-associated respiratory tract infections; How to insert a peripheral cannula; Sepsis bitesize
Royal Marsden Manual Online
The latest edition includes approximately 350 step-by-step procedures aimed at helping nurses standardize their processes and ensure quality patient outcomes. The Royal Marsden Manual provides detailed procedure guidelines based on the latest research findings and expert clinical advice, helping you to deliver clinically effective patient-focused care. Highlights include:
• Flexible access - designed for smartphones, tablets and desktops – giving you access to content wherever suits you best
• Search function - a brand-new search engine to find procedures faster than ever before
• Can support you through the revalidation process
• Brand new videos clearly showing step by step procedures
• Includes access to both the Professional Edition and the brand new Cancer Manual
(Access through OpenAthens login, for LCH and LTHT staff only)
This video provides assistance on how to use The Royal Marsden Manual.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) provides national guidance and advice to improve health and social care.
Trip is a clinical search engine designed to allow users to quickly and easily find and use high-quality research evidence to support their practice and/or care.
Click on one of the following subjects to view the library resources available on that topic.
- Care planning and pathways
- Equality and diversity
- Fluids and nutrition
- Healthcare assistants
- Infection prevention & control
- Learning disabilities
- Mental health nursing
- Nursing assessment and diagnosis
- Nursing communication
- Nursing models
- Nursing skills
- Patient safety
- Patient-centred care
- Quality in care
- Reflective practice and portfolios
- Study skills
If you are looking for a specific book you can search our library catalogue to see where it is held.
Ebooks can be accessed using an NHS OpenAthens account.
If you would like to borrow an item please contact your local library