If you are undertaking research there are various ways that we can support you.
A resource of interest is the Literature Search Guidance for NHS Researchers, which aims to support NHS researchers in carrying out effective literature searches.
Once you’ve conducted your search, we can help you to access full text of the references.
We also provide document supply services and can obtain the full text of articles or books that are not available online. Send us your reference list and we will source the articles for you.
- Clinicaltrials.gov- Information about clinical studies (including but not limited to clinical trials)
- CONSORT Statement - Evidence-based, minimum set of recommendations for reporting randomized trials.
- NIHR - Clinical Trials Toolkit - Practical advice to researchers in designing and conducting publicly funded clinical trials in the UK.
- CASP checklists – Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP) checklists to help you assess research in a systematic way.
- National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)- Organisation providing details of funding, and research guidance.
- PRISMA - PRISMA is an evidence-based minimum set of items for reporting in systematic reviews and meta-analyses
If you are planning a systematic review, project or research activities for which you would like tailored library support, please contact your local library service so that we can discuss your individual needs and plan accordingly.
The NHS Trusts in Leeds also have Research Departments and the contact email addresses can be found below: